Monday, May 3, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Week

Note click HERE to see today's post for Amuse-bouche!



As many of us with school-aged children know, this week is dedicated to the wonderful women and men that educate our children.  Rachel's school has activities planned all week but she wanted to show her teacher, Mrs. Stover, more personal appreciation.  We have little tokens of thanks planned for everyday this week except Tuesday (that is the day Rachel has an MRI.)  So stay tuned for some more goodies. 

Last summer, I got 3 of these cute SLAH (Southern Living at Home) terra cotta pots as a gift with a purchase.  I put them aside in my gift-stash knowing they would come in handy.  Mrs. Stover has already received 2 of these little decorated pots- one for fall with a little mum and some tiny decorative cabbages and one at Christmas with a poinsettia.  So now at the end of the year, she has 3 little pots to use for whatever she wants.  I had made little picks for each occasion and tied a cute sentiment around each pot.  I thought the Swiss Red and Red Petite Polka dots worked well for our cute little geranium (I actually did all of the paper crafting last week- thank goodness after the sick week and weekend here at our house)!  Here are some close up shots of the pick, tie around and card:


I was inspired to distress this set by our own, most awesome Jenn Shurkus.  I thought it went right along with the old-fashioned sweetness of the geranium.  Be sure to thank all the awesome educators in your life this week.  It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time!  Take care!

A Muse supplies- stamps- mushroom trio, ladybird, grasshopper, thank you for everything, make a difference.  paper- swiss red, petite gingham in red, kraft (SU);  other- red polka dot ribbon.

3 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

this looks wicked awesome beth!!!

Michellem said...

I'll bet she's loved and treasured all three pots - how thoughtful!!

Jennifer said...

These are such GREAT gifts! Very CUTE!! I was thinking of doing this at the end of the year and writing - Thank you for helping me GROW! (=