Friday, January 11, 2008

Will You Be My Tweetheart?


Anyone that has visited my blog, knows that I am a totally sucker for sweet little birds- just silly for them, actually. That is why when I saw these cute little ones from the new release of C.C. Designs, Love Ya Much, I knew they had to be mine! I was short on time for stamping tonight so I wanted a simple card. The main image was so cute, I didn't want a bunch of elements distracting from it either. That brings me to an astounding announcement- I used NO patterned paper on this card- a rarity for me. The card base is Pretty in Pink. I stamped Pretty Patterns Backgrounder from Cornish Heritage Farms in Regal Rose. Let me take a minute to tell you about a new found favorite of mine- Backgrounders from CHF. They are absolutely awesome. Like SU, they can nicely cover a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card, and there are so... many to choose from AND if you purchase them with EZ mount they are less than $10.00. CHF, also, gives FREE shipping for orders over 35.00! Gotta love that! Now back to the card, the main image is stamped in Adirondack Pitch Black ink on Whisper White CS, then colored with Copic markers via a blender pen for a soft look to these little "love birds." I punched the image with an oval punch then matted it on a vellum scalloped oval. The edges of the scallops were outlined with a Sakura Quickie Glue pen then dusted with Dazzling Diamonds for some sparkle. The little dots are Glitter Dots by Jessie James. That's pretty much it. A simple card to start my Valentine's Day card stash. It's ALWAYS a Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Recipe for Tweetheart card:
Stamps: Love Ya Much (C.C.Designs), Pretty Pattern BG (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Regal Rose, Adirondack Pitch Black
Accessories: Paper Trimming Buddy,Oval punch, Scalloped Oval Punch- Marvy Uchida, Dazzling Diamonds, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Copic markers, Copic blender pen, Regal Rose ribbon, Glitter Dots- Jessie James

9 comments:

Jill said...

How adorable! I am a sucker for birds too. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so darling Beth!! Love the colors and layout! Great job! :)

Rose Ann said...

Those little birds are the sweetest! I love that backgrounder too!! Awesome card, Beth!!

Anonymous said...

I love the lil birdies. They are so cute. The stuff at the top of your blog though where did you get those birds? I also am to remind you to rest because you don't do enough of it superwoman. I love you bunches and can't wait to see more of your masterpieces. Sunny

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I love the birdie too! Very cute!

:-)

Becky said...

VERY CUTEEEEEE!!!!!

Cheryl KVD said...

This one is cute too! By the way, I love your new banner! It is awesome!
Cheryl

joslyn said...

very cute card! love the birds.

Mona Lisa said...

It just makes my heart smile to see someone enjoying a stamp that I created! Thanks for maing my day. :D *mwah*