Friday, November 6, 2009

Sneaking in a Little Fall/Halloween Goodies


Without a lot of boring (and whiny) details October was a rough month- flu, computer crash, the usual soccer, scouts, & dance AND a wonderful trip to Seattle to meet up with all my A Muse Gals! Needless to say, it got me way behind on blogging. I was super busy crafting so although late, I thought I would share a bit with you hear and there. This first peek I made for of Rachel's "extra" teachers- special Ed, librarian- you get the picture. These ladies do so much to help my little girl and I wanted to show my appreciation. They are definitely "the pick of the patch!"

One thing that I really like about this image selection is the versatility! It can truly take you all the way through Fall and be completely appropriate for Thanksgiving treats! With the current trend in coloring open images, it is easy to forget all the solid images have to offer. For one thing, the ease of use makes them perfect for mass production! Keep this in mind when making those 50 or even 100 Christmas cards!

Next, there are lots of fun techniques to really give them a unique look. Here I used 2 different techniques with the Solid Pumpkin. To give it a bit of depth and texture, I used the "rock-n-roll" technique. This involves inking up with a lighter color (in this case Memento Cantaloupe) then rolling the edges with a darker color (Memento Tangelo.) I even add some Bamboo Leaves to the stem. After stamp the image, I masked it off and stamped the Vine border to add foliage to the scene. Truly a quick and easy look! Remember it's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

A Muse products used: Solid pumpkin, Vine border, Pick of the patch stamps, 8 1/2 x 11 Petite Gingham paper in Grass, Natural White notecards, Orange polka dot ribbon

2 comments:

cheiron said...

What a fun treat Beth! Love the vine stamp with the pumpkin..perfect!

Glenda J said...

Love the vine border under the pumpkin - terrific project!