Friday, December 28, 2007

Sweet Chips= Sweet Gift


This is the first of 2 altered Sweet Chips dresses that I made for my great-nieces. Aside from the toy gifts that we gave them I wanted each of them to have something homemade and special for their first Christmas. These little chipboard dressed by Crafty Secrets are so sweet (hence, the name) and are a very easy project to pull together. Although I didn't have a specific dress from my childhood or my DDs closet to copy, I did keep the elements often used in little girls' dresses in mind. The papers used are PPs from MME with coordinating Bazzill CS. While I had a little difficulty matching the red with one of SU's and I ended up using Palette Moulin Rouge, SU Bordering Blue went perfectly with the blue-gray shades of the PP. The little lady bugs are from PTI Little Lady. 2 stepped stamped, heat embossed with clear EP, then cut out and adhered to the dress. It is difficult to see but I free-handed some faux stitching at the hem of the dress to make the lady bug appear to be in flight. The rick rack on the pocket was originally white but I colored it with my Stampin' Write Bordering Blue marker to make it "work." Oh, I almost forgot the adorable little vintage hanger is from Crafty Secrets, too. I think it just makes this project!

The dress opens up so that you can continue to alter it from the inside! On the package it even explains how to make it into a mini album, but my time resources were runnin' slim by this point and I decided to KISS (keep it simple stamper.) The little monogram is a PTI combination using Borders & Corners Monogram Edition and Trajan Monogram- this is such an awesome font! The flowers are Prima with Bazzill Brad centers and the rickrack border is May Arts. The quote and ladybug charms are from my stash and I have NO idea who makes them! Such fun projects that were MUCH appreciated by the little girls' mommies! I will share the 2nd dress in my next post. Well, it is a rainy stormy Friday here in Rocket City. DH is at the walk-in clinic for a bad cold that just will not go away and I'm chasing youngest DD around with a tissue constantly (she starts antibiotics today in preparation for her ear tubes week after next.) I'm ready for my family to be well. It's ALWAYS a Stampin' Good Time. Take care!

Lady Bug dress recipe:
Stamps: PTI- Little Lady, Trajan Monogram, Borders and Corners Monogram edition
Paper: PP- MME, Bazzill CS
Ink: Bordering Blue, Ruby Red, Stampin' Write Marker in Bordering Blue
Accessories: Clear EP, rickrack, Crafty Secrets Sweet Chips, Bazzill brads, Prima flowers, circle punch, scalloped circle punch, ladybug charms from stash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! TFS.
Misty

Rose Ann said...

This one is adorable as well!! Very special!!