Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Sweet Little Chatterbox

Here is the Sweetchips dress by Crafty Secrets that I made for my other great-niece (disclaimer- the title "great-aunt" makes me sound much older than I really am.) This one I paired up with Chatterbox PP which I thought was perfect for a sweet little dress. It is impossible to see but I paper pierced a little flower pattern on the collar and the pocket. The rick rack is some that I had in my stash and the little "applique" flowers came from a longer strand of "ribbon" from MM Dyeable Ribbons. I colored the centers of those little fabric flowers with a Copic marker to coordinate with the colors in the PP. The tiny little buttons are from my stash and being the detailed- oriented fool that I am, there are threads through those tiny holes. When I cover any chipboard with PP, I love to use my Basic Gray Precision File Kit to smooth the edges of the paper. I feel like it gives it a more finished appearance.

Here is a peak of the inside of the dress. The photo is from Baby Sidney's Baptism (aren't they sweet when they are sleeping- lol)! I cropped the picture with a oval punch then matted it with a scalloped oval punch. The little monogram was made with PTI's Borders and Corners Monogram Edition and Trajan Monogram. I then punched them out with SU's 1-3/8" circle punch and matted it with the Scalloped Circle Punch. The flowers are felt from Prima and their centers a Bazzill brads. All ribbon including the little green leaf vine in the bottom right corner is May Arts. The verse is from a Crafty Secrets Sticker sheet and the ribbon border was simply stapled then folded in little "pleats" using glue dots to hold each loop. Well, my dad is coming for a visit tomorrow (actually today) to help DH lay laminent in little Rachel's room so I'd better say good-night in case they need my help -lol! It's ALWAYS a Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

3 comments:

Rose Ann said...

Oh my goodness...this is just the cutest!! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOOOOVE this!!!! Fantastic paper choice! :)