Saturday, January 19, 2008

WARNING: Sunglasses Advised!!!!!

I know, I know this is one LOUD card! Certainly colors and brightness out of MY comfort zone. This weekend Nancy Grant at Inkcicles was hostess to the Queen Kat Designs' Blog Party Challenge. This included 3 days of fun activities to enter in a drawing for a prize! Day 2 included a color challenge using the 3 colors in the Queen Kat Designs logo- pink, black, and white. Well, this is what I came up with. Truthfully, I really do not like this card. The layout is okay, the image looks good but I just can't get over that vibrant Pixie Pink! My 10-year-old DD on the other hand, was captivated by these colors and had to make an entry for herself, as seen here.Instead of going in to great detail about the makings of my card, I rather just share the recipe and tell you how wonderful it was to spend the afternoon stamping with my daughter! This is the second card she has made with me this week and is enjoying using Gamsol and my Prismacolor pencils. One thing I wanted to point out about her card is the background paper started out as a black & white print from Doodlebug and she colored in ALL the white parts with a Pixie Pink Stampin' Write marker. I had seen similar things done, but she had not and I thought she was so... clever to come up with this- of course, I'm not biased!

One final note about my card is the image is from Pink Cat Studio. If you are a fan of this awesome company, like I am, they have a new Release coming up tomorrow with a new plate of their cute cats, called Crafty Kitty and introducing a new little BIRD plate (hold still my beating heart) named Tweet. I cannot wait! It's ALWAYS a Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Recipe QKD Bloggers' Challenge card:
Stamp: Pink Cat Studio- Dog Plate, Lizzie Anne Designs- Ooh La La!
Paper: Pixie Pink, Whisper White, PP- Crafty Secret
Ink: Brillance Graphite Black
Supplies: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Stickles, A Muse rhinestones, Gamsol, Prismacolor pencils, Doodlebug flower, ribbon from stash

6 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

That's so cool! I'll be sure to add her entry to the drawing too! So fun! I love both cards by the way.

:-)

Rose Ann said...

You poodle is so darling! I love the pretty colors too! How fun, and good luck!!

How awesome that your DD wanted to play along as well! She is quite the stamper! Fabulous!!

Melissa said...

Wow Beth!! I love your cards. Of course pink is my favourite colour so how could I not love them, LOL! They are very fun!!
Thanks for mentioning the new release of my stamps!!

Hugs,
Melissa

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fantastic card ,i love it ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful day together. Both cards are IN my comfort zone....LOL !!
I hope you both won a prize.

So call me anytime.
Rachel

Becky said...

Omigosh! I loooooooooooove that poodle card! You did it soooooooo fabulously! I love it! Love it! Love it! It is sooooo diva-ish. So prissy and so blingy!!!!! Girl, step outa your zone all ya want to...cause you got it goin on!!!!