Monday, February 25, 2008

A Birthday Celebration

This is just a quick post to let you know about the birthday celebration that is taking place for Jan Marie of Flourishes over at SCS . This is the card I made for the drawings that will be taking place throughout the day. Isn't sweet of Jan Marie to be giving away gifts for HER birthday! All images of my card are, of course, by Flourishes. These beautiful stamps are so versatile that I have actually combined images from 3 different sets to make this card and yet, they go so well together. The bird bath is actually a cake stand with an additional curve to give if depth. It is embossed with French Vanilla EP from MFT then filled with CE "water." I wanted to try to let the birds see their reflection in the water but the basin of the bird bath just wasn't big enough for it to look right. I used the Poppin' Pastels technique for the leaves on the branch and the hinges are elements that I cut from the Basic Gray Periphery PP. The sweet little fan brad is from Deja Views. So be sure to stop by the party at the Flourishes Members Company forum! It's ALWAYS A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Stamps: Flourishes- Love Nest, Flourished Words, Cake Decorating 101
Paper: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Basic Gray PP- Periphery
Ink: Soft Sky, Palette- Burnt Umber, Brillance- Graphite Black, Ranger- Antique Linen, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, French Vanilla EP (MFT), Versamarker, heat gun, Stampin' Pastels, sponge dauber, sponge, May Arts ribbon, American Craft olive brads, Deja View fan brad, circle punches, Dew Drops, Stampin' Dimensionals

11 comments:

Jen Glover said...

Beautiful card! If I received it, I would frame it. Gorgeous!

Jill said...

How sweet is this! I love the birdbath. Simply fabulous!

Debby Winters said...

Your card is just gorgeous! So elegant! Love all your special touches, like the water in the birdbath and the hinges. Amazing. Absolutely Framing material as Jen said.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Awesome combination of stamps!!! LOVE your card!!!

:-)

Rose Ann said...

This is so gorgeous, Beth!! I love your birdbath!! Great combination of stamps! Hope you win!! ;)

dpkennedy said...

Wow, I love this! What a great idea to make a bird bath out of a cake stand...beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Waving hello Beth!! Your card is just gorgeous! I love the stamp, paper, layout. Great job! :) Have a great weekend!!

Cheryl KVD said...

I love how the birdbath looks like it has water in it!! I don't have any Flourishes stamps yet, but they are on my want list!! Beautiful!
Cheryl

Debbie Olson said...

Beautiful mixture of elements, and lovely colors!

Anonymous said...

This card is truly beautiful! I could also see it as a wedding card, it is so lovely! Wonderful use of stamps and elements. TFS: Tinla

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!