Thursday, April 1, 2010

Simply Scent-sational





Ah, the fourth and final day for the Woodland Critter feature over at A Muse News but these little creatures are not going away. Stay tuned next week to Split Coast Stampers and 2 Peas in a Bucket. The Creative Team has been challenged to upload as many projects featuring the Woodland Critters from April 5th - 9th to those to community sites. I would love to have you join us so I am working on a contest right here at A Stampin' Good Time. Be sure to check back on Sunday evening for the details and of course, prizes!
Now onto my card. One of the things that I love about 8 1/2 x 11 paper (beside the fact that is now comes in this yummy watermelon shade) is you can make so many different sizes of cards. My Quickutz flower was too big for a cute little 4-bar, so today I decide to go with the traditional 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. I loved the way the little skunk looks like he is springing through the flowers. If you look closely you will see that I actually used tiny Easter Egg for my flower blossom and the stems are a partial stamping of seedlings in Memento Bamboo Leaves. The rest of the grass is a MS border punch! I mounted the flower on to Petite Gingham paper in black then attached that to a Watermelon card and added a bit of Black Polka Dot ribbon. It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!


Stamps: A Muse- Skunk, seedlings, Tiny Egg, scallop dot border, spring is in the air
Ink: A Muse Black Dye ink, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Colorbox Pigment Coral
Paper: A Muse- Watermelon, Black Petite Gingham, Juliette sage
Supplies- Quickutz flower, MS grass border punch, A Muse Black Polka Dot ribbon, A Muse pretty pearls in black

4 comments:

Novell said...

Boing! Boing! Boing! Darned skunk looks so happy just hoppin' around!

cheiron said...

Fun! Love it with the black gingham!

ehballard said...

What a happy skunk! His bouncing reminds me of Pepe LePew!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You used that precious little mini egg on your seedlings! How perfect! Love your colors and the gingham.