Monday, September 10, 2007

Using Rubber Checks

No, I've not surpassed the limits of our bank account to pay for my hobby (passion/addiction.) This is referring to a program that a lss, The Rubber Stamp Lady, has been offering this summer leading up to their 10 year Anniversary Celebration. This entire past week they've been showing so much appreciation to their customers with special make & takes, prizes, discounts, contests and MORE. For the past few months for each pre-taxed dollar you spent, you were given a "rubber check" dollar. On Saturday, we all gathered for an auction where the currency was, you guessed it, our earned "rubber" money. What a fun time we had!! Peggy and the rest of the rubber stamp ladies gave us all the makings of a real auction-a live auctioneer (that kept us all entertained), wonderful refreshments, a real live "Vanna White" to display the goodies and #'d paddles to identify bidders. And the goodies were TDF- Quickutz alphabets, a Revolution, Technique Tuesday collections, a pail of Stampendous products, complete kits from Art Impressions- a total of 51 "prizes" valued at 2200.00. That's awesome for a privately owned store! Now my collection of "rubber" checks was small potatoes compared to some of the ladies there (I had around 250.00) so my expectations of what I'd take home were not huge but I did have my eye on about 4 items. And low and behold, I came home with 2 out of the 4 items. Below is a picture of my "loot"- 2 paper and embellishment packs from Paper Salon! The one with the pink bow (all of the prizes were wrapped beautifully- you know
how we paper crafters LOVE a beautiful package) is the Snowday collection. It included one piece of each PP from the collection in 12 x 12, some beautiful winter motif chipboard with frames, coordinating CS stickers and alphabet CS stickers and a set of the new Paper Salon acrylic stamps "Make it Yours." The package with the green bow had all of the same except it is from the Ornamental Holiday collection and the included a chipboard alphabet with frames. How wonderful is that! DH asked so... how much did you spend on it- well, just 185.00- teeheehee- all in RUBBER checks. Of course, then he wanted to know how I came to own the Rubber checks and I had to 'fess up BUT I would have purchased those products anyway and this was such a nice way to be thanked for my patronage at the store. Sunday they had the actually Birthday party at the store with tons of prizes, contests, and games. DD and I spent a wonderful afternoon together and although, I didn't win any prizes I still got to take home some treats at 10% savings. I love "saving" money- lol. Hopefully, I'll have time to post again later with a card. 'Til then- Take care!

Oh, yeah- At a later post, I'll tell you about the wonderful fund raiser for charity from the Rubber Stamp lady!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Fun! Lucky you! Cool loot!

Heather P. said...

That sounds SOOO fun! Looks like you got a bunch of great stuff! :)