Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jacksonbelle Tuesday


It's Tuesday (already) and time for the weekly Jacksonbelle Embellishments Design Team Challenge. I'm barely sneaking this one in on Tuesday because I have been under the weather since Saturday afternoon- virus type symptoms: fever, headache, generalized pains- you get the picture. This simple card and short post has taken me ALL day to complete! I was determined to participate today because our challenge was to CASE a card from the beautiful collection of our own DT member, Broni Holcombe. Broni's work is awesome- her coloring is beautiful and her design is wonderful! The hard part was limiting myself to 1 card and if I had been up to it, I might have made more! Be sure to check out the challenge cards made by the rest of the Design Team!!!


For my CASE I chose this card:See what I mean about her beautiful coloring and design! I loved the clean lines of this card AND how the brads anchored that cute focal image! I used my new Inkadinkado clear set- Beautiful Fairies and teamed it up with BG Euphoria (perfect for this fantastical character.) The fairy is stamped with Palette Noir ink then colored with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I enhanced her wings with my favorite Stickles- Stardust. The solid CS is SU Purely Pomegranate, as well as, the satin ribbon (both retired.) The Primas are brand new to Jacksonbelle and the centers are Euphoria glazed brads. A simple, clean card with just enough whimsy to make it fun! Stay tuned tomorrow for a card from the latest Artful Inkables release. And be sure to check out the Grab Bag Special that Kristin if offering at AI!!!! Wishing you fun Times and inky fingers! Take care!

9 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

sooo cute! great coloring on the fairy!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, those are both darling Beth! The fairy is just tooo cute! The coloring is amazing!!! Fantastic!

Lila H said...

Beautiful Fairies!!! One of my favorite sets these days - and you CASE or precious!!! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Lynda Benden said...

You did a FANTASTIC job on the CASE Beth! I LOVE that fairy and your coloring is perfect! I hope you are feeling better!

Rose Ann said...

Your fairy is so darling, and I love the sparkle and flowers!! I love your cute little trick-or-treating kitty as well!! Both of these are wonderful, Beth!!

Broni said...

Gosh, Beth, your CASE is SO AWESOME!!! I love these fairies and haven't even used mine yet! Bad me!

Dianne said...

Soo soo soo so so CUTE ! ! ! !
You're little fairy is a cutie patootie! You have such an artistic flair with your coloring!

Tami said...

this is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!! I love your coloring!!