Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Blast of a Birthday Card


This weekend has been CRAZY. A Friday night crop, a Technique Club meeting Saturday afternoon and I find out last minute that my husband has invited over a family friend. Ordinarily, company would be no big deal, but this particular friend had recently celebrated his 40th birthday and since we had not seen him recently, his birthday card had been on the back burner. Like my husband, he is an aerospace engineer so I thought the Explore set from Stepping Stones designs was just the ticket. I ordered it on-line from Cornish Heritage Farms because I'm always in need of something with a space theme. The stripped paper is from Carolee's Collection and the CS is Night of Navy, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, and Naturals White from SU. The outline of the rocket was stamped with Night Of Navy classic ink then colored in with Stampin' Markers in Brocade Blue, Only Orange and Ruby Red. A clear Sakura Glaze pen was added on top of the rocket to give it a shiny look. The sentiment is stamped on twill tape and matted on Bravo Burgundy CS then attached with Antiqued Brass brads from HHH. A neat little side note- I use my BG magnetic cutting board to do any matting, laying or stamping on ribbons. The little magnets hold the ribbon taut and make it very easy to work with. The planets were stamped in Night of Navy and Bravo Burgundy then cut out and attached along the curved cut of the PP. My design was inspired by the sketch from Beate's blog on May 17th. Take care!