Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Saying Goodbye to Dear Friends


When I woke up Tuesday morning, I was on the run! I had my second and final day of ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) ahead of me and I knew that SU had released the retiring list from the '06-07 Idea Book and Catalog and I wanted to get it out to my stampin' friends ASAP. So I logged on to the SU website, downloaded the list and sent off a quick e-mail prior to jumpin' in the shower and beginning my day. ACLS went well and we finished up before noon. Since I had childcare for the rest of the day, I decided to take full advantage of it. Let me tell you, I made the rounds- RSL, Hobby Lobby, Michael's (to feed my new Cuttlebug habit, sorry Martha my heart belongs to someone else), and finally, to OUAS. While I was at OUAS, Delores shared with me the good news that I had been selected for their first ever Design Team. I am so looking forward to creating new layouts with new products to display at the shop! Anyway, I headed home and decide to take a NAP (yeah)! When my darling husband comes home, he surprises me with dinner out (just the 2 of us, thank-goodness for grandparents coming to visit)! We ate dinner at Terranova's and while my manicotti was delish, all I can say is Godiva Chocolate Creme Brulee (nothing more needs to be said.) We ran a couple of errands and returned home to watch a dvd. It was about midnight and I am ready to hop into bed, when I realized- I had NOT looked at the retiring list myself. Well, you know what I had to do.... I couldn't believe it! There were hardly any stamp sets left. Now while I am pumped about new stamp sets coming July 1 (I have no doubt they will be marvelous), I will be sorry to see some of the sets go. It will be like saying good-bye to dear friends! In honor of this, I have chosen to share with you a layout of a pic that was taken the day before my friend Chris and her family moved to Austin. My youngest daughter, Rachel is in the porch swing with Chris' son, Jack. And what better way to tie it all together, the layout is made using the Simply Scrappin' Kit, Friends and Flowers. This is a hostess only set that I have really enjoyed which will be leaving us very soon. Take care to all!

No comments: