Thursday, August 16, 2007

Lizzie Anne Contest


Well, I actually entered my first contest. The ever talented Lindsey at Embellished sponsored a card contest using Lizzie Anne designs stamps. I absolutely love Lindsey's e-bay store. It is a super stop for beautiful paper craft supplies and of course Lizzie Anne Designs stamps. Although I didn't win, I was pleased that I participated. I actually feel that I gained some confidence simply in trying and will definitely do something like this again. Lindsey did an excellent job with choosing the winners (4 categories with a winner and runner up) and she certainly had some beautiful cards from which to choose. You can see all of the entries here. I wish a very big CONGRATULATIONS to all of the winners! For my entry I used the set Jolies Fleurs. I started with a piece of Whisper White CS and made my own PP by stamping images from the set in Black Noir by Palette and water coloring them with ink from Classic Ink pads in Bashful Blue, Ruby Red, So Saffron, More Mustard, Certainly Celery and Old Olive. The actual focal flower was paper pieced using Memory Box Homespun PP which I purchased from Verve Visual. To make the center of the flower, I punched a circle out of red-line sticky tape and covered it with red mirco beads that I think I got at Michael's. The brads were covered in a similar fashion. The ribbon is May Arts and the slide is chipboard and Homespun PP cut out with my Cuttlebug. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Faux Ribbon. I am pleased with the card and with my first contest. Take care!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card, it's just beautiful!! Thank you so much for sending your cards in!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

This card is lovely, sure you will nail the next contest.

Jill said...

What a pretty card! You did a great job.
And, I think you're nice--see my blog for the details if you are interested.

Deborah said...

Awesome card! Terrific paper! Love your blog! Come visit soon, new challenge just posted! Deb

Cheryl KVD said...

This card is fantastic! Good luck - I hope you win!!
Cheryl

Rose Ann said...

Your Lizzie card is gorgeous!! I love the color palette...so pretty!

Heather P. said...

WOW, this is fabulous!! I loooove the colors you used with this set. :)