Monday, January 11, 2010

Keepin' Warm with a CAS Challenge


It has been ages since I've participated in a challenge at SCS and since my last challenge they have added a Clean and Simple challenge on Mondays. Perfect for my "Think Simple, Think A Muse" cards! This week's CAS49 challenge is to "Cut it out!" I was so... excited because I lovie me some scissors! Cutting out images has almost a therapeutic effect on me- yes, I'm strange, but that isn't new to anyone, is it?
In keeping with my "Warm Blast" theme, I decided to make this quick little card using Mandy's World Hawaiian Girl. The Mandy's World stamps are some of my favorites, not only are they super cute images but they are pure coloring fun. Here I have used Copic markers but I have had just as good results when using colored pencils. My cutting aspect is the little palm tree accent hopefully, offering Mandy some much needed shade in from the warm tropical sun! I finished if off with the "what's shakin'? sentiment peeping out of a punched word window. A super simple way to highlight a sentiment! It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

4 comments:

Michellem said...

I really like how you put the sentiment in the word window punch!! Very cute -

Rose Ann said...

She's adorable, Beth, and I love your punched sentiment window!!

cheiron said...

This is adorable! Love how then sentiment stands out too!

Glenda J said...

So cute Beth! Love the window!