Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Jacksonbelle Boosday

Are you ready for the 3rd sketch for the Jacksonbelle Embellishments September Inkadinkado contest? You can find all the deets right HERE. So far the entries have been awesome and everyone is certainly making it a challenge to choose the prize winners! Remember that there is a prize going to a randomly selected participant that enters at least 1 card for each sketch, also, so there is all kinds of opportunities to get one of the wonderful prized that Lindsey is offering. This week if you upload your card to SCS, please be sure to use JBE020 in the key words. We want to be able to find your cards. Also, every entry must be e-mailed to Lynda Benden at
lynda.benden@gmail.com. Please be sure to check out the other design team members cards with this sketch for some terrific inspiration!
My card today is super simple, and pretty cute if I do say so myself. It doesn't have as many embellishments as many of my other cards but the focal image turned out to be a bit bigger than I had originally planned and I just ran out of room! All of my images are from the Inkadinkado set Ghouls & Goblins. I initially colored them with Copic markers then I added black flocking to the cat with a Sakura Quickie glue pen and painted Angel Wings Shimmerz on the bone and the TP. This photo was not necessarily the best one to took of my card but I LOVED the way the light bounced off the purple brad and gave the Shimmerz an eerie glow (would like to say I planned that but it was totally an accident)! The little spider web in the corner is actually and adhesive rub on from WRMK. It comes in a kit with sheets of flocking, glitter and foil. After you rub on the adhesive, simple place the sheet of flock/glitter/foil on top and rub it on too. A pretty neat product BUT the adhesive rub ons are extremely fragile and you must take extra precaution when pealing it away from the protective layer. My paper is Basic Black CS and some retired SU Halloween DSP. The sentiment is heat embossed with Ranger Sea Foam EP. Ribbon is May Arts and brads are The Paper Studio. Easy peasy but a purrfect card for one of my nephews! They love animals! Hope your TIME is filled with fun and inky fingers! Take care!

12 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

LOL...CUTE!!! I just love that Mummy. :D

Broni said...

Oh, this is so darn cute!

Maren said...

So sweet! Love those images!

Jill said...

This is really darling! Love it!

Kisa Peters said...

Boowahaahaa....So cute!

Lynda Benden said...

LOL Beth!!! This is SO stinkin' cute!!! It totally made me laugh as soon as I saw it, great job!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...that stamp is too cute! So want it (despite the fact I never make Halloween cards!).

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable just the way it is, Beth!! I love those cute images!! (Need to get my set inky) Love this!!

Jana Nickle said...

Oh, this is adorable! I have this set and its my new fav!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my cards by the way!!

Tracy said...

These are the cutest little guys. I want them! I've missed stopping by your blog my friend. It seems I've been missing out on a lot of your fab'o stuff. So glad to be back. This card definately put a smile on my face today!!

Julia Aston said...

What cute little dressed up pets! love the purple pearl brads - very fun halloween card and great sketch!

Jenn Muraoka said...

This is just one of those cards that you look at and smile. I love it! It's a cute, scary Halloween card. You know what I mean. Not too scary but cute scary. Okay I'm babbling again! haha, you make me do that you know. I just go on and on when I'm commenting or emailing you. So I'll stop now! lol. Cute colors too. I love the sketch!