Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jacksonbelle Two-fer Tuesday

It's Tuesday, once again! And what makes this Tuesday so exciting? It is the release of Sketch 2 for the Jacksonbelle Embellishment Inkadinkado Sketch Contest! Of course, the DT always wants the readers of our blogs to join the Tuesday challenges but the contest this month makes it extra sweet- especially when Lindsey is offering up a grand prize of $50.00 Gift Certificate to Jacksonbelle Embellishments ,2nd Place $30.00 and 3rd place $15.00! Whahoo! The rest of the details can be found on this post HERE. If you decide to upload your card to SCS be sure to use JBE019 in you keywords- we want to share your beautiful cards with everyone! Also, an important note- a photo of ALL entries MUST be e-mailed to Lynda Benden at lynda.benden@gmail.com. The rest of the DT would love to share their versions of today's sketch. Feel free to check these out:My card today is very straight forward. This cute little Inka snowman was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black on to Solar White CS. I colored his accessories with Copic markers and highlighted him using Sky Blue Shimmerz. The little bells are cut with Quickutz Christmas Cookie Cutter dies from my lss, Once Upon a Scrapbook and then painted with Candlelight Shimmerz. The gold cording is SU, as well as, the retired Totally Thyme ribbon. Paper is Figgy by BG. Here is a better look at today's sketch. Lynda made a wonderful sketch that allows for MUCH creativity !
Last week was a bit rough due to back problems and a subsequent procedure to help. I'm glad to say that I am felling MUCH better. Thanks to everyone with their kind comments and e-mails! Over the weekend, I was able to get 3 of my 4 Inka sketch cards completed with last weeks sketch being one of them. If you did not get around to trying out last weeks fun sketch, it is not to late! You have until the end of the month to do all 4 sketches. You can enter with as few or as many cards as you like, with the sketches of your choice. There will be a special prize given for a random winner who has entered at least one of each sketch! You can find last weeks sketch at this post. I teamed up this cute little Inka Santa with the new BG Offbeat. I absolutely love the way this paper pad coordinates with the new In- Colors!!!!! Here I have paired it with Ridinghood Red for contrast and a Christmasy feel! The Santa was colored with Copic markers and Spica pens for added sparkle. The sentiment is a Karen Foster rub on and the ribbon is Bazzill. Brads are MM and snowflake with brad is Imaginisce. A fun, simple and quick card! Please be sure to stop by tomorrow to see what I have made for the Artful Inkables Every Other Wednesday Challenge. Our fearless leader, the ever talented Kristin, is the "hostess with the mostest" and hmmm, did I hear a rumor of PRIZES for 1 lucky participant???? Also, she has extended the free shipping for orders over 30.00 until September 15th! Believe me, with the beautiful selection of stamps at AI it is NO problem to have that in your cart in no time *wink*! Wishing you TIME filled with fun and inky fingers! Take care!

12 comments:

Jill said...

Beth! Both of your cards are absolutely adorable. You just keep getting better and better! Keep up the good work!

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE!! Great colors and fun images!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! I love the snowman one:) I'm glad you are feeling better!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so fun and so cute, Beth!! I love the fabulous papers on both of them!!

I'm happy to hear you're doing better!! Hugs!!

Kisa Peters said...

Great cards! LOve the snowman!

Broni said...

Both of these cards are BEAUTIFUL, Beth! I love the colors of the snowman card and the addition of the bells, and the Santa card is adorable with those fun colors and the great sketch! Just super!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, both of these are SO CUTE Beth!! :D I love the colors, images...DARLING!

Maren said...

So sweet! Love that image!

Lynda Benden said...

These are both fantastic Beth! I am SO glad you are feeling better and got some stampin' in!!! I love the Offbeat paper and the snowman is so cute!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on these cards Beth! Very pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Both are super cute! Love the embossed bells on the first and that Santa image is just adorable!

Jenn Muraoka said...

OMG, this is so cute! It makes me want to break out all my Christmas stuff!!! How cute. you're always so creative. Well, you are the Embellishment Queen!!!