Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jacksonbelle Tuesday: A Color Challenge

A happy Tuesday to everyone and with that comes a color challenge from the Jacksonbelle Embellishment Design Team. We welcome everyone that wishes to join us this week by posting their challenge cards to SCS using keywords JBE005. So what is the challenge, you ask, looking at my brightly colored card- ORANGE, GREEN, and BROWN (or BLACK.) You can use other colors (as you can see with my YoYo Yellow addition) but you must include the 3 challenge colors. There is, also, no specifics as far as shades or tones of these 3 colors. Be sure to check out the rest of the teams awesome creations-



The inspiration for my card came from this new Cosmo Cricket paper "Hello Sunshine." The colors in this 8 x 8 pad are so bright and cheerful, the patterns are modern yet still have the eclectic look that CC does so well. And bonus! The edge of the paper is die cut to have cute little borders on each page (see bottom of card.) The focal image is made with 2 different stamps from the Inkadinkado "Fancy That" line. I, first, stamped "Enjoy Your Birthday" onto to a piece of iridescent white CS, then flourished the top and bottom with "Flower Burst" using Versafine Onyx Black ink (Lindsey is currently out of these 2 stamps at the present but keep checking back because she often reorders.) Next, I colored in the whimsical flowers, flourishes and letters with Copic markers. Not a lot of shading going on due to the tiny areas I was coloring but I did use a bit of gray for some shadowing (shows up much better IRL.) After the image was complete, I cut it out with an oval Nestability then die cut a scalloped mat using a piece of the CC paper. The ribbon slide was cut from a Spellbinder's die then cut in 2 pieces to run under the focal image. I added yellow ribbon from my stash and a tiny piece of black trimmed ribbon from A Muse. The little sunrise index tag is a Quickutz die from the Sunshine Alphabet and it is attached with little green sparkle brads from HL. The final embellishment was a snap from WRMK. A very straightforward but cheerful card, IMHO. Yesterday began a long week for me. My hubby is out-of-town until Friday on business, so I'm out numbered by the kiddos. Mary Elizabeth came home from playing with a neighbor friend complaining of a horrible headache and it looks like her fever is back again. She had been fever-free since Saturday! Ugh! Just a little peak into my exciting life-teeheehee! Be sure to check out my Way to Go Wednesday feature tomorrow and be on the lookout for the Ladies of Leisure Challenge on Friday! It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Enjoy card recipe:
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Enjoy Your Birthday, Flower Burst
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx
Paper: Yoyo Yellow, Curious Iridescent Crycogen White, PP- Cosmo Cricket "Hello Sunshine"
Supplies: Copic Markers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Quickutz, WRMK snap, Crop-a-dile 2 Big Bite, Brads-HL, ribbon- black edged A Muse, yellow from stash

15 comments:

Dianne said...

Ohhhhh! Beth! ! ! ! I really love this card...Way to go go! It is sooooooo pretty...my kind of bright colors! Luv it! Luv it! Luv it! Di

Anonymous said...

WOW Beth!!!!! This is SOOOO Fantastic!!! I LOVE the stamps and paper you used! I LOVE what you DID with the stamps, it's just awesome!!! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sure know how to Rock those colors!!Fantastic card!!

Lynda Benden said...

Your card is fantastic Beth! I love it! I just ordered that paper and boy am I glad I did! You did a great job with the colors!

Broni said...

I love how you combined the stamps and colored them to make a WOW focal point!!! And that paper is wonderful! Great card!!!

Elizebeth said...

This is such a FUN card! I love the colors together and your colored stamp!

Kisa Peters said...

LOVE the colors in bright! This is great!

jjcreations said...

This card is very fun. I love the bright colours together. Joan

Maren said...

This paper is SO amazing! You showcased it SO beautifully! I NEED IT NOW!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so awesome, Beth!! I would say that you nailed the challenge!!

Lila H said...

Hello!!!! I love what you've done with the color challenge - and that Hello Sunshine paperpack is super fun!!! ya, and I'm really diggin the Inka stamp..... ya, you got it goin on!!!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow Beth...these colors are scary but you did a terrific job!

Mandy said...

Oh, my! This is so bright and colorful and FABULOUS! I ABSOLUTELY love this card! It makes great use of difficult colors!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh what fun Beth!

:-)

Cheryl KVD said...

This is beautiful! I love it! The design is so fresh!