Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Way to Go Wednesday

I had better hurry with this post or Way to Go Wednesday is going into the wee hours of Thursday morning. So without further ado:

First, I would like to introduce the newest member to the Artful Inkables DT, the creative and talented Pam Miller! I am so excited to get to "meet" Pam and work with her on the AI DT. Not only is she a sistah stamper, she is, also, a fellow nurse- God love her!!!! If you would like to see some beautiful creations, be sure to stop at Pam's blog and while you're there, I'm sure she would love a "atagirl" comment!

Second, it was quite a week for Kim Teasdale. Not only was she selected for the AI DT, she, also, received an invitation for the Clear Dollar Stamps DT! What can we say Kim? When your hot, your hot! For some viewing pleasure, be sure to check out Kim's wonderful creations at her blog!

And what about our own fearless leader, Lindsey Botkin, from Jacksonbelle Embellishments. TWO of Lindsey's fa-bu-lous cards were published in August's Crafts 'n Things and another one is on their website. You will need to register to see this one but it is well worth it!

Before I get to today's card, I would like to send out a Happy Anniversary to my dear blogging friend, Jill Dunn and her husband Dave! They have been married for 11 years today! Here's wishing your a wonderful anniversary, Jill & Dave!

Also, a quick note about a blog candy opp: Starving Artist has a most generous candy opportunity on their blog. Take a minute to leave a comment and you will be on your way to chance at 1 super cute image stamp set and 2 hilarious sentiment sets to go with it (I'm still chuckling over some of them)!

So that takes care of the "housekeeping" aspect of today's post now onto the card! Monday I received my first order from Artful Inkables. The day that I found out about their DT call, I rushed over to their web store to have a look and was thrilled at what I saw! Not only are their stamps deeply etched, red rubber, they are already cut and adhered to mounting cushion. All the images are hand drawn and there is such a nice variety of styles (including my favorite - nature inspired whimsy.) You can find something for everyone! I knew right away, that AI either would have a devoted DT member OR a faithful customer in me!

The first set I purchased was this cute little Enchanted Fairies. I love these sweet little images and since my DD loves all things fairy, this was a perfect choice for me. My layout is for today's Sketch Challenge at SCS. I haven't "played" with a SCS challenge is a little while so I was determined to do so today. The background is a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square of Regal Rose. All paper pieces except the focal image were distressed with Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Antique Linen. I love to use Antique Linen when I want a very subtle distressing. The little PP squares are BG Sugared and measure 1 1/2" x 1 1/2." They are mounted on Chocolate Chip CS. My cute little fairy is stamped on Neenah Classic White with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colored in with Copic Markers. The sparkle of her wings was painted on with Star Dust Stickles. The little flower blossoms were made with 2 different Martha Steward hydrangea punches, then blinged with a Sakura Stardust pen and distressed with the Antique Linen ink. The little flower centers are Lime Green Stickles and the leaves are actually petals cut from the largest hydrangea blossom. Voila- today's sketch challenge Artful Inkables style!

Be sure to check out the Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS tomorrow! Lindsey Botkin is the guest hostess and she has a challenge that most of you will love! It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Enchanted Fairy card recipe:
Stamps: Artful Inkables- Enchanted Fairies
Paper: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip,More Mustard, Barely Banana, Neenah Classic White CS, BG- Sugared
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress- Antique Linen
Accessories: Copic markers, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Stickles, May Arts ribbon, American Craft brads, Martha Steward punches, Sakura Stardust Glitter pen

6 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

Oh wow! I thought the flowers were felt or something. They look trememdous. Great card!

Julia Aston said...

Love your card Beth! what a sweet image - love the framing flowers and wonderful colors on the DP! thanks for all the info on what's 'happenin'!!!

Rose Ann said...

What a great job you've done with the layout, and I love the papers and pretty flowers!!

pammyrn said...

OMG this is just stunning!! I can't wait to work with you as well. your talent is awe inspiring!!

smiln60 said...

I LOVE this card, I'll have to scrap-lift it......LOL.
You are sooooooo talented.
See you soon,
Rachel

Kristin said...

This card is so gorgeous! I love how the prima flowers, mimic the flower umbrella of the fairy!