Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Jacksonbelle Tuesday

Sorry, I'm a bit late with today's challenge card. Last night allergic reaction topped off with taking Benadryl to keep the itching under controlled TOTALLY wiped me out! I'm just now starting to be completely alert and back to myself. I think my girls really liked "sluggish Mom" this morning. Mary Elizabeth was able to play on the computer all morning and and I'm not sure but I think Rachel had root beer with her breakfast. Sometimes you just gotta do what works! Of course, tomorrow morning I will pay for this but, hopefully, by then I'll have the strength of Super Mom again! So onto today's challenge...

This week the ever so talented, Lynda Benden, created a most awesome sketch for us to follow. Here it is if you would like to play along. We would love to have you upload with the others at SCS, just include JBE006 in the keywords. If you would like to see the cards made by the other DT members just click on their names below. There were some awesome takes on this great sketch.




My inspiration for today came from an 8 X 8 paper pack by Anna Griffin called the Alix Collection. I really like the seashore/nautical theme with clean lines, bold colors and nice textures. Actually, I only used a bit of the paper pack- only the yellow paper for the card base and the paper for the scalloped mats . I started by stamping the sand castle and sand pail images from LAD "By the Sea" in Versafine Black Onyx on iridescent Crycogen White CS. They were both colored with Prismacolor Pencils then blended using the Gamsol Magic technique. Next, the images were die cut using Nestabilities, as were their mats. I traced over certain areas with a Sakura Quickie Glue pen then sprinkle the images with Dazzling Diamonds. The photo today is very dark which is making the navy CS look extremely dark and the "sparkle" hardly show at all. After applying Dazzling Diamonds, I added CE to the sand pain and shovel. A piece of Night of Navy CS was embossed with my Swirl folder and a piece of Brocade Blue CS was stamped with a CHF Polka Dot Backgrounder in Night of Navy ink then trimmed with a Fiskers Treading Water border punch. I did not have any coral ribbon so I colored some white SU Grosgrain with a Copic marker. After dying the ribbon, I took 2 pieces and attached them to a wide piece of white Strano grosgrain ribbon. After adhering the main image to the Night of Navy embossed CS, I used a paper piercer to secure the "striped" ribbon with brass brads. I rarely use shiney brass brads but felt today this was in keeping to the nautical theme. I added another small piece of the coral ribbon to the corner of the navy CS with another brad, then adhered the entire panel to the Brocade Blue using Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I placed a little shell brad (also, from AG line) beside the sand pail and added it to the corner. Voila! Thanks for stopping by today! As always, your visits and comments mean so... much! It's ALWAYs A Stampin' Good Time! Take care!

Nautical card recipe:
Blogger is not allow me to add recipe that I copy from my SCS gallery at this time. Please feel free to visit gallery for specific brands and manufacturers.

4 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

LOVE your card!!! It's so beachy and summery!

Hope you get back to yourself right away. I'm not a fan for being groggy from meds. I feel for you.

~Nancy

Lynda Benden said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Beth! You sure made a darling card! I love the colors you chose and the theme is just perfect for our weather today ~ 100 degrees!!!

Broni said...

Bless your heart! You must REALLY be allergic!!
Your card is adorable! It may have just pushed me over the edge on getting that LAD set!

Rose Ann said...

I love your fun beachy card, Beth!! I hope to be making some real castles starting mid next week! *wink* Great job with the sketch too!!

I hope your itching is long gone by now!!