Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Answer Hello to Sketch Challenge


Here is my first answer to Sketch Challenge 127 at SCS. I really wanted to play with some of the stamps from the Spring Mini before they get pushed aside for the new rubbah! Since we won't know if these will make the BIG book until January '08, I'll be tucking these sets away for a little bit. Doodle Alphabet will probably stay out 'cause I love my alphabets for scrapbook pages. Not quite sure about this card. It came together real quickly which was good but it's not falling into my comfort zone. I do like the way the Cranberry Crisp accentuates the colors in the Petals & Paisleys DP and you cannot see it in the pic but the 3 Pretty in Pink paisleys at the bottom of the card are cut out to make scallops. I will definitely try that idea again but this time make sure that is makes more of a statement. I hand doodled around the "hello" panel but it is difficult to see with this picture- operator difficulties this late at night *wink.* I DO like the sketch and hopefully, will have time to use it again tomorrow. I've already got an idea brewing! Take care!
Doodle-Dots Card Recipe

Stamps: Doodle Alphabet, Polka Dots & Paisley, EDFP
Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Cranberry Crisp, Cool Caribbean, DP Petals & Paisleys
Ink: Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp, Cool Caribbean, Stampin' Write Markers Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Quickutz (file folder tag), Micron Black Pen, stitched Cranberry Crisp ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Marvy Uchida Paper Trimming Buddy- scalloped blade
Techniques: doodling

No comments: