Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's been a rough couple of days. Yesterday, I had just completed my card for the SCS Sketch Challenge when I started feeling very tired. Rachel, my 3-year-old, was just down for a nap so decided to lay down myself. I awoke about 1 1/2 hours later with a fever, sore throat, headache and achy joints. Now we had just recouped from a nasty stomach virus but this was totally different. Dan had planned on being home by 5:00 so that I could go over and help my very dear friend finish packing to move. Belinda is one of our scrapbooking buddies and she is moving 20 hours away to Austin, TX to be with her daughter, Chris (another dear friend who moved last summer) and her family. I am going to miss Belinda terribly but having a fever I didn't dare risk sharing my germs with her with the move and all! Anyway, once Dan got home, I went to bed and stayed there until I had to get up with Rachel this morning. It's been pretty much the same all day today, though I am feeling some better this evening. I'm still break out in a sweat with minimal exertion and my arms were shaking while I was holding up the camera for the card pic. I'm stressing out a bit because our Open House for the new catty kick-off is Sunday and I really need to be working on door prizes and cutting the paper for the make & take that I'm in charge of. Oh well, it always works out! Guess I should stop whining and say a word or 2 about my card. The stamp set that I used to make the layered flower is Jolies Fleur by Lizzie Anne Designs. I purchased it on -line at Lindsey Botkins' ebay store, Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Lindsey's really got it going on in terms of beautiful, top quality products and excellent customer service. I ordered something today and it shipped today and it will not surprise me if it comes tomorrow or Saturday! Once again, I used the Gamsol Magic technique for coloring that flower. Got to be ready to teach our Technique Club, practice makes perfect-lol! Anyway, getting pretty tired. Take care!






Jolies Fleurs card recipe
Stamps: Jolies Fleurs- Lizzie Anne Designs, Faux Ribbon- Papertrey Ink
Paper: Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou, Old Olive, Whisper White, PP- Autumn Leaves
Ink: Palette Noir, Old Olive
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Sakura Quikie Glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Gamsol, Prismacolor pencils, Ticket Corner punch, circle punches, ribbon

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So sorry to hear you're sick! Feel better soon.

Michele Kovack said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors! Hope you are feeling better soon!