Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Beate's Sketch Challenge #5




Finally, a minute to myself to tryout the Gate Card for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I am so very thankful that she allowed until Wednesday to get this done. I almost decided not to do it but I've participated each weekend since I found out about them and I'm a sketch challenge FOOL! Especially, ones as great at Beate's! Recently, I had been playing with my new scalloped punches and one of the reasons that I bought the Super Jumbo Scalloped Square was due to the tutorial that Nicole Heady did for a faux postage stamp technique. Well, in my supply of "stamped images with no home," I found this little strawberry postage stamp and figured it would save some time to use it. I am in love with the Aged Floral line from Fancy Pants Design and felt like it was a good choice for the Rose Red strawberry. The card came together rather easily (love that) which is good because my older daughter (Mary Elizabeth) just woke up (it's 2 am.) Poor kid has had a rough week: Sunday- bike accident with some major road rash on both knees, Monday- pediatrician's office to have gravel extracted from said road rash (she was a trooper for the doc, she'd have never let me clean her wounds that well), tonight (Tuesday)- came down with awful case of poison ivy (all over including very near eyes AND in her bike wreck wounds.) I sent her to bed covered in antibiotic ointment for wounds, cortisone cream for rash and benadryl for itching (and sleep.) Well, looks like we're on our way to the 24 hour drug store for some oatmeal bath or Dome Baro (not sure how to spell it but it works.) Poor kid can't sleep even after the Benadryl! Take care!
Here is the inside of my gate card. The "flower" centers are the Fancypants PP punched with the 1/4 in circle punch.
Gate Card Recipe

Stamps: Typeset Alphabet Lower, PTI- Green Thumb, TT- Girls We Love
Paper: Old Olive, Rose Red, Blush Blossom, Shimmer White, PP- FancyPants Designs- Aged Florals
Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle punches, Square Scalloped Punch, Earth Elements
Brads, sponges, ribbon

3 comments:

Jill said...

Very cute card! The inside is almost as cute as the outside! Nice work!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

oh my goodness this is adorable!! I love the strawberry!

Heather P. said...

This is the cutest thing ever... Great job! :)