Saturday, June 16, 2007

Tour de Scrapbook



Well, we came home from our trip to Knoxville yesterday, a day earlier than planned. Rachel came down with a stomach virus Wednesday night and threw up all night and all during the 4 hour ride home (too much information, right)! Anyway, it feels so good to be home. I can't wait to get back to my craft room and all of my new toys! I was fortunate enough to visit several scrapbook and stamping stores during our trip. On Monday we went to Brevard, NC to visit my sister and her family. Anytime I'm in Brevard, I have to visit Sandy's Scrapbook Corner. Sandy is such the enabler! I found Hambly Screenprint transparencies, Heidi Swapp bling circle frames and some beautiful organdy ribbons with swirl prints. The next day I made the rounds to Scrapbooks & More where I discovered Art Blanche products by EK Success and purchased their Coin Album for altering and rolls of decorative paper with 3 sheets of double sided PP that measure 24 x 36 per roll (great for altering larger objects.) That evening I got a chance to get out by myself and went to Joanne's ( some Brilliance Dew Drops) and AC Moore's (all open stock stamps 40% off and a 1 day only 50% off coupon) where I purchased 2 A Muse stamps and a set of A Muse acrylic stamps. Wednesday was probably my best shopping day. We went to Pigeon Forge and while my MIL & FIL took the girls to Rainforest Adventures, I got about 1 hour of uninterrupted time in Your Scrapbook Superstore. I was on the phone quite a bit while visiting this store because I found some things that my scrappy friends had been looking for but unable to find at home. For myself, I purchased some Marvy Uchida Ori storage containers, a BE storage caddy (Cathy) to alter, some Twinkling H20's and the find of the trip a set of Karen Foster Snap Stamps (small formal letters & numbers)! On the way out of town, I stopped by Jerry's Artarama where I bought a container of Gamsol and a couple to Copic markers to give them a try! All in all, a great trip without going too crazy with all the enabling opportunities! I wanted to be sure to upload a pic today, so here is the Thank-you card that I included with the blog candy that went to Cheryl at Engineered Expressions. It uses the same supplies as the birthday card I made for my friend Susan, except I used the Bee Trio from Stampendous. Hope to create something new soon. Take care!

1 comment:

Cheryl KVD said...

And I loved the card too!
Cheryl