Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Self-Imposed Quarentine

I have to apologize for my lack of posts lately. My family brought back a souvenir from vacation- a stomach virus. It has hit, particularly, my youngest child pretty hard. I placed us under self-imposed quarantine, much to my older (and healthy) daughter's disappointed. I mean, she had not seen her friends in over 1 week, my goodness. All you mothers can rest easy now that I am no longer in the race for "mother-of-the-year" lol. To make up for my lack of stamping time, I would like to share 2 of the projects for the May meeting of our Technique club. This was the first out of 2 meetings titled Passionate for Pearls. We used the techniques of Heated Pearls and Poppin' Pearls. Both tutorials were from the SCS resource section and both were created by the talented Beate Johns. This was my first attempt at using these techniques and, essentially, the first time to play with Pearl Ex for Yazmin (my upline and general partner in crime) and me. We both fell in love with the Pearl Ex, and while sadden that it didn't make the cut in the new Idea Book and Catalog, it does allow us more freedom for purchasing the different colors from Michael's and Hobby Lobby without worrying if the color is offered by SU. Hope to create something tomorrow- NEED to create something tomorrow. Yazmin and I are having a new Idea Book & Catalog Kick-Off party at our local library on Sunday and we make lots of homemade gifts as some of the door prizes. Last year this event was a huge success! It can be rough to set a high standard-heeheehee! Take care!









Poppin' Pearls recipe

Stamps: French Scrips, Print Pattern, Finest Flourishes, Sincere Salutations

Ink: Versamark, Gold Encore

Paper: Really Rust, Whisper White

Supplies: Wide Organdy Ivory Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder, Super Russet and Aztec Gold Pearl Ex, Gold Zig Painty






Heated Pearls recipe

Stamps: All I Have Seen, All-Year Cheer I
Ink: Versamark
Paper: Certainly Celery, Glossy White, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Supplies: True Blue & Spring Green Pearl Ex, Ivory Wide Organdy Ribbon, Oval Punch, Rich Regal Embossing Stacks, Crystal Effects, Soft Subtles beads, Clear embossing powder, sponge daubers

The image on this card used the Melted Pearls technique.








No comments: