Monday, July 2, 2007

New Catty Bliss

Kicked off the SU Fall-Winter Collection 2007 with an Openhouse on Sunday at our local library. We had make & takes, LOTS of doorprizes, retired stamps for sale, yummy food and, of course, the honoree of the afternoon our NEW cattie! A special preview party for this past year's hostesses took place about an hour and half prior to the openhouse with an additional make & take and a hostess appreciation gift for each one (a SU Stampin' Store container with a healthy sprinklin' of a the new Rhinestone Brads in both colors and styles- it pays to be a hostess in more than 1 way- teeheehee.) My upline, Yazmin, was in charge of the make & take for the hostesses. It was the cutest card card using Pick a Petal as a lady bug! We've promised each other that we will get together and to make each others projects since we didn't have time to plan this event together. Hopefully, I'll have my own copy of this great card to share with you soon! As for the make & take for the Openhouse, that was my job. I originally planned to use a card that I made with Zoofari. I was pleased at the results of this card BUT I soon realized that it involved way too much coloring and that always tends to slow down a large group. We needed something clean and simple. When I checked out Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #8 on Friday prior to going to work, I was totally inspired (as always when I check out any of her art work.) I decide that to CASE her card with a bit of my own twist would be just the project we needed. Awhile back SCS, had a Try Something New challenge that suggested making little 3 x 3 warm up cards and which would be perfect for our time frame. I love making these little cards because they are quick, they get my creativity flowing and you have a nice stockpile of gift cards when you need one. So here is my end results. Participants really loved it and were able to complete the card pretty quickly, giving everyone more time for eating, socializing and the all important shopping for stamps! I had the worst time trying to photograph this card. I couldn't get the lighting right and then I couldn't hold my arms steady. Not sure what THAT is about but I would suspect it has something with not enough rest! I'll share my Zoofari card in the near future. Take care!
Recipe for Kind Brocade card:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Sky, River Rock
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Supplies: Magic Matter, circle punches, Soft Subtles brads

No comments: