Friday, July 6, 2007

Sweet Peas



Last month Karen Lockhart had a contest to make a recipe card using Lockhart Stamps. I made this little card for a recipe using baby peas and incorporated the Lockhart stamp's Sweet Pea and Itty Bitty Peas. After looking at some other blogs with entries posted, I chickened out about sending mine in. It just seemed too plain. I used Wild Wasabi, Blush Blossom and Whisper White CS and Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery and Basic Black Classic ink. The little scallop across the bottom was cut freehand after I stamped the Itty Bitty Peas across the bottom. Sweet Pea was stamped on Whisper White then colored in using ink pads and blender pen. Next, Sweet Pea was stamped onto a piece of Blush Blossom then cut out with my scalloped rectangle punch.

Finally, I glued the cut-out pea pod over the outline pea pod on the blush blossom. That way I still got the tiny details of the vine without having to try and cut them out. The ribbon is May Arts purchased from Jacksonbelle Embellishments (super, super customer service.) Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ours is quite busy but I hope to grab a little time to work on some paper projects. Take care!

No comments: