Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yeehaw!


My computer is really acting up this evening. Things are moving way too slow AND worse than that, I cannot get Photoshop to work at all. This is the reason for the non-cropped picture of today's SCS Sketch Challenge card. I made this card with my friends Chris and her mom, Belinda in mind. They have both moved to Texas this past year and I miss them both terribly. Big Howdy to both of you ladies! I had a lot of fun with this little Calamity Jane (my 2nd A Muse image) and I have so.... loved the Cowgirl Collection from Crate Paper. I may have to get another pack to use with the new SU stamps I have on the way. Speaking of which, I am counting the hours until 2:00pm on Friday when my dear UPS man will leave the first order from the new catty at my door. So what did I order from the new catty, you ask? As I have checked on blogs with similar lists, I have found that my choices are pretty much like others . What makes this so great is the diversity of the creations that will come from these same sets! So, my order looks like this:
Stamp sets:
Garden Whimsy
Fabulous Flowers
Priceless (it's been my fav. since my 1st time thru the catty)
In the Spotlight hostess set
Tools:
1" Circle Punch
Scallop Circle Punch
Tabletop Paper Cutter (after all the rave reviews on the Tonic cutter, I had to have one)
Priceless Classy Brass Template
Designer Series Paper
Cutie Pie
Ribbon:
Bashful Blue Taffeta
Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain
Certainly Celery 5/8" grosgrain
Fairy Tale Ribbon Originals
There is still quite a bit more on my wish list such as the rest of the In Colors (I pre-ordered Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate), Big Bold Birthday, Refuge and Strength, Sweet Thing, Perfectly Pretty, Wanted, Doodle, Whimsy, All Holidays, It's All Good, and Define Your Life (of course, papers and accessories too numerous to mention)! I love many of the fall and holiday sets but I'm trying to hold off purchasing until the Mini catalog is released. This "lull" in SU new rubba has encouraged me to branch out into some other stamp brands and what a fun journey that has been! Thanks for visiting and as always Take care!
Yeehaw card recipe:

Stamps: Calamity Jane, Yeehaw (A Muse), Stitched Circles (Hero Arts)
Paper: Soft Sky, Really Rust, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, Naturals White, PP- Cowgirl Collection by Crate Paper
Ink: Chocolate Chip,Whisper White craft, Burnt Umber (Palette), Stampin' Write markers in Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Really Rust, So Saffron
Accessories: Circle punch, Scalloped Circle punch (Marvy Uchida), Coluzzle cirlce template, paper piercer, paper piercing template (Lasting Impressions), Natural Hemp, Quickutz, sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, Double Circle punch,

4 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love this card! Too, too cute! Your comment on my blog about your daughter not being able to put down the sparkles was priceless! How adorable! You're gonna love your Tonic cutter - it's by far the best money I've ever invested in a paper cutter.

Michele Kovack said...

What a stinkin cute card! Love this sketch....and love, love, love, your colors, the image...everything!

Becky G said...

I loved this card when I saw it in your gallery! So adorable!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment!

Bethany Paull said...

This is just the most fabulous card! I love the wedges of paper behind the cowgirl and those horseshoes. It's seriously awesome!