Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Replaced Make & Take


I haven't had much time for card making. Saturday, I got my supplies for the Once Upon a Scrapbook (lss) design team and I have been working on a double page layout for that. I was given Elsie Flanigan's "Love Elsie- Roxie" papers and rub-ons. I have loved this papers, from afar. I was a bit intimidated by the whimsical, funky style which is very different from my usual style (not that I am positive what my "style" is, maybe I need to get the Find Your Groove book by Kitty Foster & Wendy McKeehan. I almost purchased it today at The Rubber Stamp Lady (lss) but I figured it implied that you had to HAVE a groove in the first place.) Anyway, Elsie's papers have a lot of quirky doodling style images which is something that is out of my comfort zone- doodling. Sure they say practice makes perfect, but I am a doodler, been doing it all my life- talking on the phone, keeping awake during school lectures etc. What is amazing it how so very bad my doodling looks! I am working on what I refer to as "designer doodling," but you can tell by this little card and a couple of others here on my blog that I have a ways to go. This is the original card I made for the Open House make & take. I rejected it due to the amount of time it would take to complete it. It was the first card I made with Zoofari and the first tent topper card I ever made, as well. I originally had no doodling on this card but I felt since the monkey was anchored by his tail to the ribbon that the other animals needed to be anchored to something as well (not too many floating snake or zebras other there)! This is a very straight forward card. Pretty much cut, paste, stamp & color. The scalloped circle for the topper was made by cutting a doughnut using slots 3 from the inside and 5 from the inside of a circle Coluzzle template. Then placing the slit punch in the center and punch the outside of the circle with the slits. Pretty easy, really. I am so loving scallops of any kind! Hope to finish this layout soon. Take care!
Zoofari card recipe:

Stamps: Zoofari, Wild About You, Typeset Alphabet Lower
Paper: Whisper White, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, PP- Petals & Paisleys
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin' Write markers- Regal Rose, Old Olive, Taken with Teal, So Saffron, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Light pink ribbon, slit punch, Coluzzle

1 comment:

Jill said...

This is so cute! The coloring on that zebra is darling!