Thursday, July 5, 2007

Hope you had a Happy 4th


I guess I can't wish everyone a Happy 4th because it is technically now the 5th. I worked this evening so this is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and blog. Unfortunately, the 4th was not very happy for many people and thus, we were very busy in the ER this evening. I am not able to settle down and go to bed yet so I think I'll try a little something creative to help me calm down (maybe the Wednesday sketch challenge from SCS.) Anyway, before I begin I thought I would share a birthday card I made for one of my best bud's daughter's 8th birthday. I wanted to use the rest of the Simply Scrappin' Kit, Friends & Flowers. It was such a fun kit to use. I made a scrapbook page, initially, with the kit and had plenty left over to make a few cards. I brought out Little Lady once again because one, I just love her and two, this family has a dog named "Little Lady." How's that for inspiration. Little Lady's (the ladybug, not the dog- teeheehee) wings are stamped with Cool Caribbean (already missing that color) then I over stamped the body, dots and head with Palette Noir. I stuck the flower sticker on a spare piece of chipboard and trimmed around it (fresh out of On Board flowers) then inked it with Rose Red. The center of the flower is a sticker cut with the 1 3/8" circle punch then placed on chipboard cut with that same punch. The very center was treated the same way then touched up with some Fruit Punch Stickles. Photo corners are Junkitz chipboard covered in So Saffron, then distressed and dressed-up with Heidi Swapp brads. I had lots of fun with this card! Well, I'm itchin' to go make something. Take care.
Recipe for Friends & Family card:

Stamps: Pocket Fun (sentiment), PTI- Little Lady
Paper: Rose Red, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, PP- Friends & Flowers Simply Scrappin' kit, chipboard
Ink: Rose Red, Cool Caribbean, Palette- Noir
Accessories: Circle punches, Fruit Punch Stickles, Junkitz photo corner chipboard, brads- Heidi Swapp, Celery ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Cheryl KVD said...

Hi Beth,
Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you over at my site!!
Cheryl KVD