Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Plum Garden

Yippee! My Garden Silhouettes arrived today! I was a little late ordering mine, right at the deadline, actually, because I just couldn't make up my mind. This was my favorite of all the level 2 & 3 sets but did I want to spend the money for it or save my $$$ for more in the new catty? Well, I caved and I am so happy that I did. This delicate little cherry blossom limb was so fun to play with! I colored the image in Stampin' Write markers then I stamped a second image just paying attention to the flowers which were cut out, sponged with Van Dyke Brown, enhanced with my Sakura Clear Stardust pen and adhered over the flat flowers with Pop Up Glue Dots. The Perfect Plum panel was stamped with Fine Lace BG using Perfect Plum classic ink. It is difficult to see in the picture but the end of this panel has been pierced using an Onare template. The Pale Plum panel was wheeled with Rough Texture in Pale Plum then the corners were cut with the Ticket Corner punch. I placed a piece of shimmery olive ribbon around the edge of the Perfect Plum panel then tied both plum panels together with a brown & white striped ribbon (I thought that particular style of ribbon added nice contrast to the very soft look of this card.) Well, I should be in bed. Long day ahead. Take care!
Plum Garden card recipe:
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Warm Words, Fine Lace, Rough Texture wheel
Paper: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Old Olive
Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip, Van Dyke Brown, Stampin' Write markers in Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Sponge, Sakura Clear Stardust Pen, Pop Up Glue Dots, paper piercer, Onare template, Mat pack, Ticket corner punch, ribbons by May Art

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just beautiful.

Rose Ann said...

This is sooo pretty, and I love the colors you chose! Awesome card!!

Anonymous said...

This is super cute.
I hope everything is going well for you.

<3 Becky

Cheryl KVD said...

Beautiful card!

Bethany Paull said...

Very pretty! I love your different shades of purple. Good thing you broke down and bought this set.

Anonymous said...

Love it, beautiful!

Angel said...

This is really pretty. I do like that set!

Ladystamper said...

Soooo pretty!! I love it!!