Monday, July 23, 2007

Beate's Weekend Challenge & a Daring Owl

This is my contribution, if you will, for the weekend sketch challenge over at Fresh & Fun. Once again, the amazing Beate Johns has provided us with a rockin' sketch to play with this weekend. My card was made with my friend Meg in mind. Meg is a super creative and neat gal, not to mention a loyal reader of my blog (you gotta love a friend like that)! Anyway, Meg's work week ended on a sour note on Friday. I hope she will agree that the Dare to be Fabulous sentiment goes so very well with what she was faced with that afternoon. If that doesn't start her week off with a chuckle, then surely this cute little owl will. I've mentioned before that I love quirky, whimsical little animals and woodland creatures rate at the top of my list. So when I found this cute little guy on the Paper Source website, he had to come to my house! I partnered this image with Infuse by BG, some May Arts ribbon, some A Muse bling and my favorite paper piecing technique and Voila! What I feel is a fun, fun card! Well, oldest DD is having a friend sleep over this evening and I continue to hear giggles so I'd better go be a "mom." Take care!

Fabulous Owl card recipe:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers, owl- Paper Source, Simple Stitches- CTMH
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, PP- BG Infuse
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Palette Noir Black, Stampin' Write markers in Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa
Accessories: Scallop Oval Punch, Magic Matters, blender pen, yellow Sakura Glaze pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, A Muse creative candy twinkle stickers micro dots, May Arts ribbon, Square Fire rhinestone brad, round tab punch

7 comments:

Corie said...

This card is so cute. Love those owls.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. Those owls are adorable! This card turned out beautiful!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beth, what a sweet friend you are. I hope the card will cheer your friend up this morning. It looks wonderful! Love the paper and image you chose. Thanks for your kind words and for participating in the challenge. Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, those owls are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Beth you are still the sweetest person I have ever met! Yes, it made my day and I love the owl's! Keep on being you and making such wonderful cards for me to envy! Can't wait to play on Friday night. LOVE IT!!!! Massive Hugs to you!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh my gosh, this card is awesome!! Love that stamped image! :)