Wednesday, July 25, 2007

So Happy to Say, 2 Cards in 1 Day

What I'm not so happy about is the fact that my Photoshop is acting up again. We are in need of a computer update desperately but DH is trying to keep ours going for as long as possible to avoid spending that chunk of change. For what DH is wanting, that purchase will definitely put a crimp in my stamp spending so for now I'm trying not to complain. This is the 2nd card I made today for the Dare To Be Dirty celebration over at SCS (please, see previous post for that link.) This challenge for unique use of brads is hosted by texasjodylynn from Confessions of a Ribbon Addict (sister, I share your affliction)! Anyway, I started this card by stamping BG Canvas stamp with Certainly Celery ink onto Certainly Celery CS. I added a panel of So Saffron DSP Prints and added my favorite May Arts ribbon at the seam and placed it all on a 4 1/4 x 51/2 card made with Naturals White CS. Next I stamped the petals from TT's Loves Me, Loves Me not onto WW CS using Versamark then heat embossed detailed black EP. I, then, colored the petals with Stampin' Write markers and cut them out so I could arrange them on the previously made card. I embellished it with More Mustard brads for the flower center, then Old Olive Brads for the flower stem. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from PTI's Greenthumb and punched it out with the large oval punch to make a "leaf." Different in style than my norm but the creative process was lots of fun. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. I have to start getting the house clean and decide where I am going to move various pieces of furniture from the dining room (ie. my buffet is going into the entrance way, etc.) My Dad should be here on Saturday to help DH start pulling up the carpet and laying the laminent for my new homeschool room/craft studio! I can't wait. What will I do with all the new space! Fill it UP!!!!! Take care!

Recipe for Petal card
Stamps: Canvas, TT- Loves Me, Loves Me Not small, PTI-Greenthumb
Paper: Naturals White, Cetainly Celery, Whisper White, DSP Prints in So Saffron
Ink: Certainly Celery. Basic Black, Versamark, Stampin' Write Markers in Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, Ruby Red, More Mustard, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Earth Element brads, Black EP, heat tool, Lg oval punch, circle punch, May Arts ribbon


No comments: